We strive to prepare a new generation of data scientists and data managers, addressing the lack of
courses in these specialized data readiness and FAIR data subjects.
Here are examples of our activities at the University of Oxford
- 2019-present: Undergraduate Project; MEng in Engineering Science 4th year.
Supervisors: Sansone, Rocca-Serra
- 2019: “Software engineering and biomedical computing” paper B; Department of Engineering Science.
Teaching assistant: Izzo
- 2018-present: “Introduction to Data Readiness” Biomedical Engineering coursework module; MEng in
Engineering Science year 2.
Lecturers: Sansone, Rocca-Serra; Practical: Izzo
- 2018-present: “Programming for Data Science”; Department for Continuing Education.
Tutors: Izzo, Granell
- 2014-present: “Data Management, Analysis and Statistics” foundation module; Oxford BBSRC Interdisciplinary
Bioscience Doctoral Training Programme, and the EPSRC, BBSRC synthetic Biology Centre for Doctoral Training.
Lecturers: Sansone, Rocca-Serra
Since the early 2000s, Prof. Sansone has delivered almost 200 invited lectures and keynotes
here ), and members of the group, in particular Dr. Rocca-Serra and Dr. McQuilton,
also deliver educational seminars, training and lectures to events worldwide.
We are also looking for motivated DPhil/PhD students! If you have an interest in our areas of activity,
please contact Prof. Sansone with your CV and a project proposal.